Didier Stevens

Monday 31 July 2017

Update: translate.py Version 2.5.0

Filed under: maldoc,My Software,Update — Didier Stevens @ 20:17

I analyzed a malicious document send by a reader of the Internet Storm Center, and to decode the payload I wanted to use my tool translate.py.

But an option was lacking: I had to combine 2 byte streams to result in the decoded payload, while translate will only accept one byte stream (file, stdout, …).

I solved my problem with a small custom Python script, but then I updated translate.py to accept a second file/byte stream (option -2).

This is how I use it to decode the payload:

 

translate_v2_5_0.zip (https)
MD5: 768F895537F977EF858B4D82E0E4387C
SHA256: 5451BF8A58A04547BF1D328FC09EE8B5595C1247518115F439FC720A3436519F

1 Comment »

  1. […] Update: translate.py Version 2.5.0 […]

    Pingback by Overview of Content Published In July | Didier Stevens — Tuesday 1 August 2017 @ 21:53


RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Leave a Reply (comments are moderated)

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Blog at WordPress.com.

%d bloggers like this: