The Security Catalyst Community is a free forum for IT security professionals, it’s one of the few communities where I’m an active member. One of the things I like about the SCC is that a lot of the discussions are non-technical. Let me illustrate this by highlighting some message threads (you’ll need to create an account if you want to read these):
- need advice: Francois has a new job but he’s still worrying about the IT security of the company he’s leaving. How should he handle this?
- Looking for a road: Matt is a student looking for a direction and he gets good replies from the SCC
- Disclosure dilemma: a new member discover a vulnerability but fears he might have gone a bit too far, so he comes to the SCC for advise on how to proceed further
- Starting an ISSA chapter: feeling the need to get together?
- Publishing Articles – Getting Started: the title says it all
There are no trolls in the SCC, it’s low-volume, and sometimes, someone comes with a technical puzzle that will get my eager attention. And you’ll get the opportunity to discuss with security authors, bloggers and podcasters like Rebecca, Martin and Harlan.