Sunday 24 August 2008

One More Little Puzzle

Filed under: Puzzle — Didier Stevens @ 22:07

What’s this? Have a guess!

11 Comments »

1. data on a hard drive? Possibly information that was erased?

Comment by M@ — Monday 25 August 2008 @ 0:20

2. Ok, I’ll take a guess. I’m probably totally wrong, but is it a hard disk platter?

Comment by jamie — Monday 25 August 2008 @ 0:27

3. CD/DVD, infrared lighting?

I have no clue, really.

Comment by Michael — Monday 25 August 2008 @ 1:14

4. I’m going to go with network visualization, showing port traffic for one host. Rings indicate port number, brightness indicates requests, radian indicates geographic location.

I hope the bright area in the middle is somewhere around port 22 to 443.

Comment by Scott — Monday 25 August 2008 @ 2:51

5. Oh and if I’m wrong, I may have to make that.

Comment by Scott — Monday 25 August 2008 @ 3:30

6. @M@, @jamie & @Michael: It’s not a harddisk or CD/DVD

@Scott: that’s an interesting visualization idea. Your answer is not correct, but you’re going in the right direction.

Comment by Didier Stevens — Monday 25 August 2008 @ 6:32

7. Hello, maybe some sort of omni directional Wifi visualization?

Comment by Stephen — Monday 25 August 2008 @ 9:53

8. @Stephen

I accept your answer. I try to visualize signal strength (for Wifi frequenties) in 8 directions. Details in an upcoming blogpost.

Comment by Didier Stevens — Monday 25 August 2008 @ 10:11

9. a biometric retina scan result

Comment by joe — Monday 25 August 2008 @ 19:50

10. @Joe: you got me wondering how a biometric retina scan result looks like, but Stephen has already found the correct answer.

Comment by Didier Stevens — Monday 25 August 2008 @ 21:19

11. [...] my latest little puzzle showed an average amplitude plot of the same recording, but with an older version of my program [...]

Pingback by wsrradial « Didier Stevens — Tuesday 26 August 2008 @ 0:07